Choosing the wrong dealer can become a costly mistake
An organization located in Ada Oklahoma recently had a security system installed by an alarm company from a different state. The morning after the system was installed, it was discovered that someone had burglarized the facility during the night. The new alarm system didn’t work.
Look for experience & reliability
What can you do to assure that your new alarm system will work when something bad happens? The most important thing you can do is to choose a reliable, trustworthy company to install the system. Choose a company that has been serving your area for a number of years. Read online reviews.
Make sure the dealer is licensed
Make sure the business has been properly licensed by the State of Oklahoma. The Oklahoma Department of Labor has strict guidelines for security system companies. All companies that install, monitor or service alarm systems are required to have a state-issued alarm license.
Make sure security isn’t an afterthought
Is it wise to trust your family’s security to your cable TV company? Installing, maintaining and monitoring a security system requires special skills and training. Your family’s security should not be entrusted to a company that does alarms on the side.
Things to look for
- Make sure that the business is properly licensed by the Oklahoma Department of Labor to install alarms. Visit the Department’s website to see if the company is listed as having a current license.
- Check online reviews. Carefully read what people say and read any company responses. Remember that unhappy customers are more likely to post a review than happy ones. The company’s response to a negative review is as important as the review itself.
- Is the business close enough to service your system without a lot of travel? You are likely to incur travel charges if the company has to travel a long distance to service your alarm system. Ask about any travel charges.
- Check to see if the company already has a number of customers in your area.
- Check to see how long the company has been in business. It’s far wiser to trust your security to a company that has been providing security for a number of years. Unfortunately many companies only last for a few years.
- Use a company that specializes in security systems. Don’t entrust your family’s security and safety to a company that offers an alarm on the side – or as an afterthought.